Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Valerie Hemingway Book Signing/Talk

As I was driving in my car yesterday back up to East Lansing from my hometown I heard an ad on the radio about a book signing and talk by the author Valerie Hemingway as part of The Great Michigan Read statewide reading program. She spoke tonight at the Library of Michigan; I'm sorry I am just posting this now in case any of you wished to have heard her speak tonight. I immediately thought of this class when I heard this announcement on 99.1, and it sparked curiosity that made me want to research a little bit more about her to see what she is all about. Valerie Hemingway is the author of Running with the Bulls, which is a memoir of her years as Ernest Hemingway's secretary. There is also going to be an exhibit at the Library of Michigan in Lansing that goes until May 5 that focuses on the influence of northern Michigan and the Nick Adams stories. It is open to the public 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. I hope some of you check this out if this interests any of you.

I thought it was interesting that on this random drive I heard an announcement that related so well to this class.

No comments: